Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Copy Machine Hour

One part of an educator's job is xeroxing or copying. I'm spending my one-hour planning period today xeroxing three packets including two lengthy assessments and one home study packet. I've started bringing my computer with me for these copy-hours so that I can work to the rhythm of the machine.

Since this is a blog that tells the real story of teaching from one educator's perspective, I would be remiss not to mention the approximately one-hour of copying a teacher does each week. Having one-to-one tech devices has reduced our former copying down to the current about one-hour average.

When the machines are in good order and paper available, it's not such a bad job, yet it's a job that takes up a piece of your planning time.

While I'm at the copier I often create learning pages, reflect in this blog, tweet with other educators about teaching/learning ideas, read my emails, and plan ahead--so I make the most of it.

How much time do you spend at the copier each week? Do you receive help with this work?

I actually would prefer to copy myself while I work on the computer, and then use any available help during teaching times in order to meet the many needs the students present. How about you?