Monday, March 28, 2016

Good Communication: Truth and Transparency

Some people are so open and forthcoming with communication. You know what they stand for, and you understand their point of view.

Others are a mystery--you're never quite sure what they are saying or why they are saying it.

If you read my blog, you know I'm a big fan of truth and transparency. With all but the most private affairs, I believe we should be open, honest, and respectful with our communication.

When we don't understand, we should be able to ask questions so that we do understand and understand well.

In the past, I often accepted comments I may not have understood or felt were demeaning or disrespectful because I didn't have the courage to speak up. But now, I understand there is no harm in asking questions or responding with the truth if a false statement is made. Also with that confidence has come the ability to speak with greater respect and care.

Just because some may be in the know due to experience or camaraderie, that shouldn't hinder any of us from asking for greater clarification and knowledge when we don't know what's going on.