Saturday, December 26, 2015

Influences: Early Life

Reading Gary Gruber's book, Seven Decades: A Learning Memoir, found me considering my own early influences, the moments that mattered. Like Gruber, I remember well so many of life's moments from my early days living in a three-decker on Pilgrim Avenue to now.

When I consider the highlights of my life, I recognize that there are many. The significant moments are small, but meaningful.

To being, I'll list those moments:

  • Picture taking on the big steps on Pilgrim Ave.
  • The dollhouse.
  • The swing.
  • The garden.
  • The fishing trip.
  • Finding a starfish.
  • Water.
  • Eddie, Randy, and Perry
  • Patty
  • Nana's
  • Lacey
  • Patty, Maureen, and Nancy
  • Pignuts
  • Babies
  • Father Kardis
  • Indian Hill
  • Mr. Quist
  • Vietnam
  • The Diary of Anne Frank
  • Jubilee
  • Secret Garden
  • The Bookmobile
  • Drawing
  • Holy Cross
  • The Music Room
  • Friends and Frisbee
  • Truth
  • Family Get Togethers
  • Clyde
  • White Walls
  • The River
  • Tubing
  • Mountain Ponds
  • An Old House in Errol
  • Babies
  • Laughter
  • Warmth
Just a start of a list I'll return to to brainstorm more about the influences.