Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Reading a Tough Book

I'm reading Getting to Yes, Negotiating Agreement Without Giving In and it's a tough read for me. It's tough because the information is mostly new to me which leaves me with the following feelings:
  • Why didn't I learn this before? (the book was first published in 1981)
  • How will I embed this into my work in ways that matter (I know it takes time and practice to embed new learning)
  • Do I really believe what this book says--Yes, I know it's true, but for me it means a shift.
I'm always on the lookout for that book or expert that will move my thinking and work in a more positive and enriching direction and this book is a good find for me. 

I'm sure I'll write more about this book and some of the education connections it brings to mind in days to come. Typically reading a tough book is worth the time and effort.