Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Welcome to the Learning Design Lab

This lab is not a room or a business, but instead a collaborative effort represented by the Learning Design Lab website.

Considerable reading and research, new content and evaluation standards, a grant to synthesize my work, an upcoming presentation, and a new school year on the horizon led me place my learning design efforts and guides in one place.

As I read many quotes about design, I was not surprised that I'm drawn to this endeavor. The following quotes in particular illustrate my passion for this area of teaching.

Design is where science and art break even. - Robin Mathew

People think that design is styling. Design is not style. It's not about giving shape to the shell and not giving a damn about the guts. Good design is a renaissance attitude that combines technology, cognitive science, human need, and beauty to produce something that the world didn't know it was missing. 
- Paola Antonelli

Design is an opportunity to continue telling the story, not just to sum everything up. 
- Tate Linden

The life of a designer is a life of fight: fight against the ugliness.  - Massimo Vignelli