Tuesday, December 11, 2012

So Many Wonderful Avenues of Learning

Simply put, the education landscape today is amazing!

The possibilities and potential for learning are tremendous.

Where does one start?  Which path will you take?  What's important to you?

I start with the students, the standards, and learning research.

I will continue to learn as much as I can about learning.  How does it happen?  What criteria contributes to optimal learning?  What tools strengthen learning?

Next, I'll do all I can to know my students well.  To think deeply about their interests, passions, needs and challenges.

I'll embed the standards into responsive, engaging research-based learning design and teach children for life with the best of my ability.  I'll stay open to learning, evolving and revising with their best interests in mind, and I'll look to my vibrant, thoughtful PLN online and off for collaboration.

There are so many wonderful avenues of learning today.  Which avenues will you travel?